September 24, 2012

Monday Musings

~ Yesterday I spent the day cleaning the pigsty that was my house. I even rearranged the furniture in the family room (again.)  The furniture we have was bought when we lived in our old house so I have issues making it work in this house. The good news is that when we finally buy new furniture? I definitely know what will work right for the room since I've moved things around so much!

~ I celebrated the arrival of chilly fall air by making a lasagna for dinner last night. My dad has been in town for the past week so it was nice to share a homecooked meal with him.

~ Son #1's football team (with the coach from hell) won their game on Saturday with a score of 19-7. Despite the win, he barely congratulated the boys after the game because he was too pissed they didn't score any points during the second half of the game so that wasn't acceptable to him. I hate him. I really do.

~ Son #2's football team didn't get the win, despite playing a team that was their size and ability. It was frustrating. But as a team, they looked better this week than during the first game. Maybe next week they'll get their first win.

~ Should I admit that my house is full of Dallas Cowboy fans? No? Well, lots of happy people in my house this morning, especially since (Con)Vick and the Eagles lost realllllly bad. 

~  All hail the power of the Magic Eraser!  I used it last night on the floor of the master bath shower and that combined with bleach spray, has made the shower floor look brand new.  That little sponge is a miracle worker!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.