September 10, 2012

Back to School & Work

I took a week long media break.  It was great. It was almost like reliving the early 90's before cells phones and computers were everywhere.  Those were the days, they really were!  Now don't get me wrong, I can't imagine living without a DVR so I really don't want to relive the 90's but it's nice to take a break every now and again.

I spent the week getting my house in order and doing some deep cleaning. You know, those things you never get done.  I washed comforters too. Even did some shopping.  We were supposed to have one last hurrah at the beach but the weather did not cooperate. But that's okay because football still sucks up 90% of our free time!

The boys are back in school and are happy with their teachers and classmates. For now.  We'll see how long this lasts.  We should start to see homework this week. Oh joy!

On the 1st day of school I pretended I was Betty Crocker and made cupcakes for the boys & friends to enjoy when they got home.  Awhile ago I bought a few packets of the new Duncan Hines frosting creation flavors that are available just about everywhere. We tried the bubble gum version.



Since I wanted to get all fancy with my cupcakes, I used my own buttercream icing recipe and simply added the packet to flavor it.


It really does smell and taste like bubblegum.  It tasted okay, I liked it ... the kids ate it but none seemed overly thrilled with it. Know what I mean?

The dog thoroughly enjoyed them too ...



I'm not taking the blame for this.  He was outside when I left for a bike ride and when I got back, I came upon that scene.  The Husband let him back in the house ....  Gunner expertly ate every last crumb out of the silicon liners.  As you can see, he bascially cleaned up after himself too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.