August 15, 2012

Winding Down

Summer is almost over. I blame football.  It's making our days and nights fly by and leaving me with zero time to do anything.  Here's what my days look like right now:

6:30 am ~ drag myself out of bed
7:45 am ~ leave for work
8:30ish am - 4:30pm ~ work
5:30pm ~ arrive home, maybe eat "dinner"
5:45pm ~ leave for football practice
6 - about 8:30pm ~ football-football-football
8:45pm ~ boys shower while I throw their stinky stuff in the washer
9pm ~ feed boys dinner, again
10pm ~ boys = bed
10:30/11pm ~ me = bed

The amount of food my children are eating at 9pm at night is staggering.  I'm hoping this means they will both put on a few pounds but they likely won't since they burn it right off. If only I had a metabolism of an adolescent boy!

My almost 8 year old put away 2 mini cheeseburgers, a banana, a pack of peanut butter crackers, a bowl of sliced cucumbers with ranch dip, and washed it all down with chocolate milk. And then told me he was still hungry! Craaazy!

Tonight there's a scrimmage, Thursday is another scrimmage and both Saturday and Sunday will be spent at Football Jamborees.  I cringe at the thought of mixing homework into the equation. It makes me want to hide under the covers and scream no-No-NO like a two year old.

But it works out. It always does. We find a way to get it all done.

A nice bottle of wine helps too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.