August 28, 2012

Weekend in Review

I'm not sure what came over me this past weekend but I was a woman on a mission.  It was a very productive weekend, even while dealing with a sick dog. I won't go into the details because it's just gross but I hope whatever is ailing his intestines ends soon.

School starts next week and that means football games starts soon so that means my free time is quickly evaporating as well. Maybe that's what gave me a burst of energy!

I re-painted the laundry room, did some baking, took the kids to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days, cleaned out my dining room and organized all the new school supplies, helped my son complete his summer reading report (I'll talk more about that soon), went grocery shopping, watched Big Miracle, and finally tackled the absolute mess that was our basement. That alone took almost 4 hours. Yes, it was that bad.

I also told my boys if that happens again, the next time I'm going down there with big black trash bags and that will be the end of toys in our house.  I'm not joking. 

Next on my list is to call an exterminator. There are too many creepy crawlies in my basement. Eww!

I celebrated my productive weekend with a trip to Michael's last night while the boys (and the husband) were at football practice.  I was on the hunt for some baskets and wall decor for the laundry room. It was nice to shop alone for once!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.