August 21, 2012

Pin-imenting ~ Breakfast Cookies

Or Pin Experimenting ... Did I just coin a new word? Probably not and I'm too lazy to google and find out.  Somehow, someway, between ALL the football this past weekend, I found some time to try a few recipes I found on Pinterest.  That site is such a time-suck!

I decided to make the Breaskfast Cookies. Now, I attempted to be blog-proper and correctly link to the original source, but this is what happens:

Sorry!

We've blocked this link because it may go to spam or other inappropriate content.


So hey, I tried ... to be clear, I did not "create" this recipe and I was a little skeptical that they would actually bake, but they did!  Here's what 3 mashed bananas, 1/3 cup apple sauce, 2 cups oats, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup raisins, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon looks like all mixed up:



I dropped generous, heaping tablespoon portions of the dough onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.  I'm all about quick clean up, ya know.



And look at that. 18 minutes later I had breakfast cookies.  They kind of look like a very moist granola bar in blob form. They were very soft, flavorful, and filling.  The only thing they could possibly use is some sugar, but I realize that was the whole point of this recipe - no added sugar!

I am the only one in my house who will eat these, so I individually wrapped them and put them in the freezer in a gallon-sized freezer bag. I figure I can grab one on my way to work and it should be defrosted by the time I arrive.

Breakfast Cookies

3 ripe mashed bananas
1/3 cup apple sauce - I used a single serving size cup
2 cups oats
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes - in my oven, they were done in 18 minutes.


This Pin-iment gets a thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.