June 6, 2012

Hump Day Venting

Let me apologize in advance if you are a teacher ... but I must vent.  After today, there are only 5 days of school left and 2 of them are half days so can anyone explain why my son's 4th grade teacher is still assigning homework?! It's fourth grade, for crying out loud. Lucky for us that we had two homework passes we had forgotten about so we used those bad boys. If he comes home with homework tonight, I may just lose my mind.

I understand that the school year is technically not over but you can't tell me that they aren't spending half the day cleaning out desks, shelves, and closets in the classrooms. To assign homework now is to say, "Hey Parents! I can still make your child's life miserable for a few more days so I'm going to take full advantage of it." 

If the homework isn't done, they have to sit in at recess and if my kid has to sit in at recess, it would be just like deleting all of his ipod apps.  Sheer horror. The end of the his world. So we'll do what is required, begrudgingly.

He's ready for a long break and so am I. I have no idea how people deal with year-round schooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.