May 10, 2012

Party Plannin'

My husband turned 40 this week. I'm happy to report he survived the experience because it was touch and go there for a few days.  We're having a party to celebrate later this month and it's morphing into an event instead of just a party.  I'm now totally paranoid it's going to rain and if so, we are royally up a creek without a paddle. I'm speaking literally because we often have standing water issues in our backyard if we get a lot of rain.

Guest list? Check! 
Invitations sent? Check!
Pool opening scheduled? Check!
Yard work ~ in progress
Menu ~ in progress
Decorations? Check!

In the midst of this, I was somehow elected to host and cook for Mother's Day this weekend. Not really how I envisioned spending the day ... but I'll take one for the team.

On a completely unrelated note, our future new puppy was born on April 17th and we will be heading to the breeder's home soon to pick the puppy who will join our family.  I spoke to the breeder last night and the puppies are just starting to walk and move around. Only a few more weeks before we are in puppy heaven and hell simultaneously!

2 comments:

  1. YAY PUPPIES! Puppies make everything better. My little man is the love of my life.. He is my child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little nervous about heading down the puppy road again. It's been quite awhile but having extra hands this time should help!

      Delete

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.