May 29, 2012

The Event Recap

The party went really well. No rain! Everyone had a great time.  We had plenty of food, much alcohol was consumed, and the neighbors didn't call the police, despite the noise and grilling more hamburgers at 1am.  Son #1 was still wide awake at 2:30am, much to my surprise. I think he just wanted to prove he could be an "adult."   Son #2 begged me to put him to bed at about 12:30am. He is the smart one!

There were a few times on Thursday and Friday I thought I was going to end up on Snapped, but I'm happy to report my husband is still alive and we're still married.


We had a few people who RSVP'd they were coming but didn't show up. I hate that. You would think we would have heard some sort of explanation by now but no, nothing! I think that is beyond rude.  And I know my husband is mad/disappointed because one of the offenders is a good friend.

I am officially all partied out. After hosting my sister's birthday party in  late April, then Mother's Day, and now The Event, I'll be perfectly happy to not host a party again until Son #2's birthday in October.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.