May 22, 2012

4 Days

My favorite people, weather forecasters, are now predicting 90 degrees and hot and humid for the day of The Event.  The good thing is that The Event doesn't start until 4pm so it should start to cool slightly by the time our guests arrive.  I ordered tables and chairs today and did not order a tent. I sincerely hope this is not a mistake!

Please don't rain! Please don't rain! Please don't rain!

As if we didn't have enough going on this weekend, our breeder is asking us to come to her house to choose our puppy on Saturday. Yeah, sure, I can squeeze that in!  She lives an hour away ... plus puppy picking time ... then an hour back ... all the while knowing I have 50+ people arriving at my house at 4pm. I'm still trying to decide if we can do this. Meanwhile, I counteroffered to come on Friday, late afternoon or early evening. I'm even willing to pull the boys out of school if I have to!

I need to stop browsing the internet for recipes. I think I need an intervention. I find so many yummy things to make, that I really want to make, but probably won't have time to make.  I suppose my thighs and the thighs of my friends will thank me.

It may or may not shock you to know that I ordered a cake for The Event.  My sister is the cake master in our family and I usually instruct beg her to make the cake. But I was having trouble finding a cake idea I liked without being morbid about turning 40. So instead, I went for funny. I can't wait to pick it up!

When I keep thinking about what I still need to do to set up for this party, my head starts to spin. I almost wish I took the rest of this week off from work!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.