March 15, 2012

Kitty Troubles

Ack ... cat problems. I hate cat problems.  My 5 year old cat T is peeing in my house. Actually, it's more of a marking type of issue but obviously an issue nonetheless.  We've been to the vet, $225 later. The vet was not much help, as I've been down this road before.  Her urine and blood tests came back fine, although they said her urine was highly concentrated causing a very low amount of crystals but since the amount of crystals was low, it's not a cause for concern.  I think I disagree.

Yesterday morning I was standing in my bathroom and T started walking toward me, like she was going to rub against my legs (typical cat behavior) but she circled me, turned around, and came back to sniff the small area rug I was standing on and I look down to notice 3 drops of urine - she never even squatted?!  My husband is ready to shoot her, the kids don't want her on their beds, and once again I'm trying to get inside this cat's head to figure out what is her issue.

On the advice of a friend, I went out last night to purchase new food - organic, healthier cat food with no grain. I also picked up a bag of the Cat Attract litter and Nature's Miracle for Cats to re-treat a few areas she's hit before. I also wiped down all my baseboards with straight vinegar, hoping to keep her away from the corners/side of the rooms. And I plugged in a Feliway, which hopefully adds calming pheromones to her world.

I'm crazy, I know.  She's on life number 8.5 ... I'm almost out of excuses for her.

Did I mention we are getting a puppy in June?  Go ahead, laugh, the vet did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.