March 7, 2012

Football Birthday Party ~ Part 1

His party was almost two weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to posting anything about it? My excuse is work - I've been swamped. And then it seems like every weekend we are busy with something or I'm trying to catch up on housework and laundry. I hate doing laundry. And homework. My son's 4th grade teacher loves to assign "family homework" ... that's my favorite. The last statement is dripping with sarcasm, in case you weren't sure.

I did finally upload the birthday pictures off of my camera, only to discover I never uploaded our Christmas pictures?! I need an intervention! I'm losing my mind. As you can see, we had yet another football-themed party - the third one in a row.  Here is the table, before the snacks were set out.


The football popcorn boxes were a free printable I found online. They were easy to assemble. You can find them at the link below. She has a few other really cute printables too!


The football field plastic table cloth was found at Walmart during Super Bowl party time. Thankfully, it isn't ruined so I can reuse it! The little snack cups are filled with gumballs. I'm the favorite Aunt. You can see why!

Both parties were a great success. He had so much fun swimming with his school friends! We had a total of 12 boys there and the place wasn't crowded at all, likely due to the later start time of 5pm. It was perfect. I'd do it again in a heartbeat and I'm sure we will be because my younger son has already expressed an interest in having his party there later this year.

I think I like having a 10 year old. They are suddenly less needy. He's finally figuring out how to shower and use soap without being reminded 20 times. It's great!

Part 2 coming soon, I promise ... mostly pictures in that post, including the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.