February 27, 2012

Football Cookies

This is what you do when you have a son that is obsessed with football and you are obsessed with details.  I'm a slight over-achiever when it comes to birthday parties but I only have two kids and they only have one birthday a year!

I use a sugar cookies recipe that I tweaked from a few recipes while trying to duplicate the taste of the cookies you can purchase from the Cookie Bouquet company. I think I've come pretty close!

The process:


Decorating sugar cookies with royal icing can be time consuming but luckily these did not require much detail. It took me about 1.5 hours to decorate 42 cookies  I have a love/hate relationship with royal icing. Trying to get it to just the consistency can be hard. This is definitely something I need to play around with some more.



And then I ran out of brown icing and I decided to not make more so I improvised:





Is your mouth watering yet?

I thought so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.