January 6, 2012

Heaven in a Box

Have you met my new baby? Here she is:



The ICE-21 Ice Cream Maker by Cuisinart. She makes the most fresh and most delicious ice cream you'll ever have the pleasure of eating off a spoon. And the best part? You can pronounce all of the ingredients in the ice cream.  I seriously may never buy ice cream in a carton again.

All you need is sugar, a pinch of salt, milk, heavy cream and pure vanilla extract. That's it! That's pretty much the base recipe of all of the ice cream recipes in the enclosed booklet. So far, we've made vanilla, chocolate, cookies and cream and coffee (for my father-in-law.)  All are to die for!

I did alter the recipe for chocolate ice cream by cutting back on the unsweetened cocoa by 1/4 cup because my son felt it was too chocolatey - as if there is such a thing!  This coming from a  kid who routinely puts chocolate syrup on his chocolate ice cream with chocolate jimmies. I know, he makes no sense. I point this out to him but he doesn't care.

Do yourself a favor and buy one of these precious babies. It will be the best $60 (or less, if you are a good shopper like me!) you've ever spent.

(No one paid me in any way to write about this ice cream maker. I've only had a blog for 3 days!)

2 comments:

  1. I love your disclaimer! Thanks for commenting on my blog today. It's always nice to hear from readers. Oh and the donut maker has me curious. Keep us updated on if you find a good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is nice to hear from readers! Thanks for the comment! Still looking for that good recipe : )

    ReplyDelete

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.